G-lish volunteer in Africa program has received a lot of interest since launching in October 2011. We look forward to receiving our first volunteers next month, and are excited about the prospective volunteers lined up heading into the northern summer, 2012. So many interesting people and talents.
For volunteers interested in getting all the details before making a commitment to volunteer in Africa, you may download key documents that help plan your volunteer experience.
1) Pre-departure checklist. It covers “things to do” for the 4 months prior to departure, up to and including the flight itself. Ghana Volunteer Pre-Departure Check list.
2) Ghana Volunteer Budget Planner. It covers all you need to know when budgeting and figuring out costs of volunteering in Ghana. The volunteer in Africa budget guide breaks down each budget item by detail. It also includes details of airlines flying from popular volunteer points of origin into Ghana to help you figure out the best airline for the journey. Here is a short excerpt:
The two budgets below give you the major items that you need to consider when planning your budget to volunteer in Ghana. The first budget is based on departure from the USA using average costs for an 8 week stay. The second example is based on departure from the UK and is based on an economical budget for a 6 week stay.
- How much will I spend each day?
- What does it cost to travel within Ghana?
- What’s the exchange rate?
- What’s the cost of eating?
- How much in total should I aim to budget for?
3) Ghana Volunteer Fundraising Guide. The guide makes fundraising straightforward and simple. It lists a strategy and gives ideas on how to do it. We include a bullet point checklist at the end. And links to resources that will help. Here is a short excerpt:
Be Passionate and Communicate Clearly: Being passionate is infectious. And being able to communicate what you will do and your role in making a difference will help generate donations – especially in‘face-to face’ fundraising. We have provided you with simple info packages to help you articulate what you will do to help you communicate your message to your potential supporters.
Finally, if you have not visited our volunteer in Africa page, it contains all the details you need to know about volunteer projects, highlights, and who runs it and FAQs.